Noun A set of activities to support reflecting on learning that involve location and movement (geo) and discussion or conversation (convos).
Our long-term goals:
We are developing, exploring, designing, and piloting innovative methods and tools to investigate the following questions:
- How can we identify these meaningful and engaging touchpoints for learning across our lives?
- How do young people’s experiences in youth programs continue with them and influence their learning pathways and the choices they make across their lives
- Ilana Bruton, Chicago History Museum
- Ani Schmidt, Chicago History Museum
- Nathan Phillips, UIC College of Education
- Simeko Washington, UIC College of Education
- Shawndra Allen, UIC College of Education
- David Bild, Chicago Academy of Sciences and its Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
- Michelle Rabkin, Chicago Academy of Sciences and its Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
Our goals for this round of funding:
- Pilot GeoConvos with CAS/PNNM to investigate the impact of CAS/PNNM teen programming
- Develop and pilot a GeoConvos badge
- Create a GeoConvos facilitator toolkit to share with Hive organizations